[phpGroupWare-users] Re: Various issues

From: James Mohr
Subject: [phpGroupWare-users] Re: Various issues
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 23:04:40 -0700 (MST)

Thanks for the response. I really appreciate it.

cw wrote on Mon, 25 June 2007 01:32
> > Is there a portal start page like Horde?
> > http://www.horde.org/groupware/screenshots/portal.png
>
> each app has the ability to add a "home page" widget, so yes.
> However, few apps have one, but calendar, email, and todo do..

Horde seems to be showing information from different applications and not just
the one you defined as home. What am I missing?

Quote:
> "email auth" in setup refers to phpgw authing users against the email
> server in order to dynamically create phpgw accounts for valid mail
> users.  If you are thinking of SMTP auth, that currently has to be
> done in code and is documented on the forum.

The installation talks about "email authentication". I do not remember seeing
anything specifically about "SMTP".

Quote:
> this isn't just infolog.  the install howto linked from the download
> page has an entire section dedicated to this topic.  If you installed
> phpgw, you really should have been following this howto.

When I load doc/install/index.html I get the "Installation & Security HOWTO".
This has a page "Pre setup Tasks" which talks about this directory. I find no
directory named "files" anywhere in the installation package. I created the
directory and set the permissons. I does not work.

You talked about "the install howto linked from the download". Does this mean
the HOWTO provided with the package is wrong, incomplete, etc.? In any event,
the link "please read the Install HOWTO" brings me to what appears to be the
same HOWTO.

Do need to follow the steps the section "Filemanager group file sharing" in
order to configure infolog?

Quote:
> the only "core" apps are addressbook, calendar, email, todo and notes.
>  Most everything else in the tarball are just "supported" apps, though
> not necessarily supported by the core team.  Some apps are there
> because when we tried to remove them due to being unsupported, users
> complained.   I can't speak for comic and DJ, I'm pretty sure DJ was
> never "supported".

Then I say don't include them in the tarball.

Quote:
> it's fairly well documented on the mailing lists, definitely not a secret.
> We are GNU project, which adds some restrictions to what 3rd party
> code we can include in our tarball.  The guys that forked ...

R.B.?

--
I'm European. Guns scare me, boobs do not. Sent from the phpGroupWare forums @
http://forums.phpGroupWare.org