[phpGroupWare-users] Tons of Permission Denied Erros

From: ryan
Subject: [phpGroupWare-users] Tons of Permission Denied Erros
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 06:32:09 -0700 (MST)

Hi all

This is my first time using PHPGROUPWARE; i installed it yesterday and was able
to use everything perfectly.

Today i log on and go into forced preferences so i can change the template, as
soon as i pick a new skin and submit, the page reloads with tons of these
permission denied errors:

Quote:
> Warning: fopen(/tmp/sess_8756738dee6f57bc914ef5dccd0548a1) [function.fopen]:
> failed to open stream: Permission denied in
> /home/more/public_html/support2/phpgwapi/inc/class.sessions_php4.inc.p hp on
> line 215

I have tried selecting the old skin, but no matter which skin i select, these
messages stay.

It is very critical that i get this issue fixed ASAP! So any help anyone can
lend here, would be greatly appreciated.

I have searched the forums and learned that alot of you have run into the same
issue, and the standard fix seems to be to make sure the web server user is
authorized to read/access the header.inc.php and the /tmp, php.ini and
.htaccess file.

I know this is something my webhost is going to have to do for me, so can
someone please explain to me how to perfectly explain the solution to my
webhost?  I have already made them aware of the problem and have shown them all
of the "solutions" found here on the forums, and they still havent been able to
fix the issue.

So please someone please explain to me verbatim how to fix this issue!

Your help is needed!Sent from the phpGroupWare forums @
http://forums.phpGroupWare.org