Re: [phpGroupWare-users] newby trying to instal phpgw on debian etch

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-users] newby trying to instal phpgw on debian etch
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 08:32:27 -0500

On 6/1/07, Kev wrote:
I know this is an old thread, but I encountered similar problems and wanted to
share my solutions.

I use Ubuntu Linux, and I had the database creation problem, it turned out that
it was a simple hostname issue.

Check your /etc/hosts file and make sure that the hostname you used when
installing your database is also accessible through the hostname you used for
your apache install.

For example:

If your computer's hostname is "gambit", add that line to /etc/hosts like so....

127.0.0.1       localhost gambit
127.0.1.1       gambit

Everything worked after that simple change, now to tackle email :S

Regards, Kev :)

as far as hostnames go, that should be
127.0.0.1  localhost
x.x.x.x gambit

where x.x.x.x is the LAN ip
it's usually best to use localhost to connect to mysql if it running
localy  as the lo interface will have less latency and more bandwidth.