Re: [phpGroupWare-users] filemanager mailing list and polls

From: mauro
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 20:39:11 +0200 (CEST)

I don't understand what you mean for
>the path has to be the full path on the server itself. It's like this

my web root is http://127.0.0.1/prova/phpgroupware/
my file folder is /files with permission 777
the web root is /var/www/html

where should I load file folder for filemanger?

ok for mailing list

about multiple polls? any idea?

thanks for your replay
Mauro

Chris Weiss <address@hidden> ha scritto:
On 5/31/07, mauro wrote:
> dear All
> we are starting to use phpgroupware in some our projects
> we would like to solve some problems here depected.
>
> filemanager:
> we receive the message ath to user and group files HAS TO BE OUTSIDE of the
> webservers document-root!!!
> the path is /files with permission 777 i tried also other path internal and
> external the webroot but nothing to do .

the path has to be the full path on the server itself. It's like this
for security, we want users to be able to upload anything, including
php files, but not all them to be executed via a direct url. I know
there are ways to block php in specific folders on various web
servers, but not all web server and we needed a way that works on
everything.

> mailing list :
> is there a module to make a mailing list internally phpgroupware?
> we would like to manage mailing list inside our phpgroupware web site
> should we add esternal application?

phpgroupware is not a mail server, that's where proper mailing lists
should be setup. I think you can set a group though via the
addressbook that users can make small lists with.