Re: [phpGroupWare-users] Re: Re: Installation worked but then blank page

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-users] Re: Re: Installation worked but then blank page
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 08:51:00 -0500

On 4/16/07, Anders wrote:
> Edit2: chmodded /var/www/html/phpgroupware/fudforum/images to 0775 which did
the trick, now I can login again. Have *not* (original edit2 was mistyped) change
chmod before to get the blank page result so I don't know how it happened. Maybe
something in phpgw should be rewritten so that single applications cannot hang
login?

it wasn't "hanging" login, it was erroring out due to the web server
not having permissions to read the files, or the files not existing
because that app was not completely setup yet.  I'm not even sure why
login would be access FUD by default at all.

I will agree that a lot more error handling could be in a lot cleaner
manner, but at what cost to performance?  FUD is also a port of a 3rd
party forum, so error handling in there is tricky since most of what
it does is outside of phpgw's framework.