[phpGroupWare-users] newby trying to instal phpgw on debian etch

From: edo
Subject: [phpGroupWare-users] newby trying to instal phpgw on debian etch
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 14:58:39 -0700 (MST)

Hi everyone,

I am trying to install phpgw on debian etch, but without luck.

When I just do:
apt-get install phpgroupware
It installs packages like apache2 and mysql5 with it.
But afterwards there is nothing to be found at http://server/phpgroupware/setup

When I first install postgresql and than phpgroupware, I do get  the setup
screen but I say's my database is not correct setup.

As I am a spoiled debian user who expects everything to work after doing a
"apt-get install ???", I don't know how to get this working correctly.
I now have tryed to set it up 10 times with different configurations, but it's
still not working.

Is there somewhere a "debian howto" on installing phpgw?
I have tryed to google but I can't find anything.

Are there any pro's or con's on the mysql or postgresql part?

Thanks in advance for you're anwser.

Rgds Edo

Sent from the phpGroupWare forums @ http://forums.phpGroupWare.org