[phpGroupWare-users] login.php Auth with X509 Client Certificates

From: Markus Mayer
Subject: [phpGroupWare-users] login.php Auth with X509 Client Certificates
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 10:43:59 -0700 (MST)

Hi,

i would like to do some automatic login by client certificates but I'm still
trying to find out how to map my certs nicely to the user database (mysql).

I've seen that u have already done some workaround reading digital certificates
in login.php, the email and the DN are delivered as username and password to
the auth module but not compared to the database (the db fields anyway would be
too short for my email and dn information).

Can someone shed some light please on what this is for?
Is it only applicable with an LDAP server containing user data?

Thanks in advance, Markus
Sent from the phpGroupWare forums @ http://forums.phpGroupWare.org