Re: [phpGroupWare-users] In search for Documentation

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-users] In search for Documentation
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 16:04:34 -0600

On 12/18/06, Martin <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello,

after some basic evaluation I have decided to use phpgroupware and installed
it. Now I'm dwelling into the interesting themes of getting to know the
applications, configuring, ACL-Logik and making the whole thing usable for my
designated users.

Only, all documentation-pages seem to be in the process of reviewing, compiling
or give only the very basic overview, also on www.phpgroupware.info.

Did I choose a bad time or am I simply missing the right links ?

Thankful for help,

well, documentation always has been a weak point, mostly due a major
change in several apps with every release, which is common for pre-1.0
software.  Developer time is generaly considered best spent coding
than writting docs.  Of course, if someone writes some user docs,
we'll be happy to include them somewhere.

Most apps are fairly eas to use, if you understand what the app is
trying to achive.  And many apps have a doc folder that has more info.
Also, don't be afraid to click something to see what it does, I'm not
aware of anything destructive that doens't confirm or isn't obvious
what it does.