Re: [phpGroupWare-users] Path to user and group files.....error

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-users] Path to user and group files.....error
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 14:19:01 -0600

On 11/28/06, Jason Taylor <address@hidden> wrote:
Path to user and group files HAS TO BE OUTSIDE of the webservers
document-root!!! appears when I try to use TTS (create new ticket) or file
manager.

DocumentRoot (according to httpd.conf) = /var/www/html

where phpgroupware resides = /var/www/html/phpgroupware

user and group file directory as shown in setup/config.php = /home/phpgroupware
with world read/write permissions

server is FC 6, apache 2.2.3, php 5.1.6, mysql 5.0.27, phpgroupware was updated
via CVS @ 1500 GMT 28-Nov-2006

I'm not very familiar with FC, but could an open basedir restriction
be taking place?  or, sometimes /home is not read/listable to "all"
and thus apache can't get to it because the user apache runs as is not
in the users group.

I've never had this problem with debian/ubuntu but I also usualy put
the files dir right next to the docs root, so on your server i'd have
it in /var/www/files/

also check what phpinfo() says the doc root is, there's a link for it
in the Admin menu of phpgroupware.