Re: [phpGroupWare-users] How to configure event notification

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-users] How to configure event notification
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 08:25:02 -0600

On 11/20/06, Steve Graham wrote:
How do I configure phpgroupware to send an email of a calendar event? Is there a kron job
that I need to schedule? I found something called notify.php. Also found something within
the admin menu called "Asynchronous Timed Services". Any help would be greatly
appreciated. Is there some documentation on this?

TIA,
Steve

first you have to configure Email for you account, then you simply
enable the event notification in your user prefs.  I'm not sure how
the email is triggered though, it might require someone to be logged
in.  async services is a phpgw interface to cron, sort of, and that
might be a solution also, but since many installs don't have access to
cron it's very underutilized..

notify.php is a special page that's made to run in a popup window that
auto-refreshes and shows things like new incomming email