[phpGroupWare-users] Re: Re: phpGW for Unix users managed by LDAP

From: Emanuel Ziegler
Subject: [phpGroupWare-users] Re: Re: phpGW for Unix users managed by LDAP
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 11:24:22 -0700 (MST)

Chris Weiss wrote on Thu, 26 October 2006 19:51
> more specificaly, unless you setup php as CGI, php runs INSIDE of apache, as
> a loadable module.  the 2 are generaly not seperated.  and, how would this
> differ from a ftp-vfs backendm using the email login data to auth to ftp?
> ftp would sertainly be easier to implement than building a new protocol and
> daemon.  also would able webdav? can per-user auth be added to that?

Ok, I don't know much about the details of PHP I just realised  :?

I never worked with WebDAV, but FTP could be an alternative. I'd prefer SFTP
though...

Quote:
> /setup/ step2, set the path to soemthing not /home (but stil loutside the web
> root).  if it is set to /home, it going to try to take over the users home
> dirs, which it hopefull won't have permission to do.

Ah, that's the position where I have to enter the path. This was set to another
directory where it actually created a home/eziegler directory. I fear I'll have
to reset my account since after changing the path it is slightly confused with
the SQL database.

Thanks,
    Emanuel
Sent from the phpGroupWare forums @ http://forums.phpGroupWare.org