[Phpgroupware-users] User accounts expired (0.9.16.010)

From: Anthony Chavez
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] User accounts expired (0.9.16.010)
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 15:46:17 -0600

Hello again, phpgroupware-users!

This morning, my users were once again unable to login to
phpGroupWare.  I currently am using LDAP authentication, but having
accounts created in a PostgreSQL 8.1.4 backend (because for some
reason I had trouble getting phpgw to write to LDAP).  So, I assumed
that they could not login was because I had conigured "Auto-created
user accounts expire" (in /setup/config.php) to one week.

I changed that setting to "never," and IIRC was not able to login
immediately thereafter.

So I issued the following query to PostgreSQL:

UPDATE phpgw_accounts SET account_expires = 0;

This didn't seem to work either, so I tried -1, and we were once again
able to login.  However, whether logins were failing because of the
values stored in the account_expires column or some other error (such
as lockout for auth failures) is unclear.

I issued the queries under the assumption that the column
account_expires reflected the value of the aforementioned
"Auto-created user accounts expire" setting.  Is this accurate?  And
does -1 equate to "never?"

Thanks.

--
Anthony Chavez                                 http://anthonychavez.org/