Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Updating from CVS

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Updating from CVS
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2006 20:23:14 +1000

Hi Jason,

I have sent a response for more info to you off list.  Also can you
please fix the time on your and/or mail server :)

Cheers

Dave

On Sun, 2006-04-02 at 18:37 +0200, James Mohr wrote:
> Thanks for the response guys, but I am still not there.
>
> To download the HEAD of the calendar module I ran this:
>
> cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/sources/phpgroupware co -r
> HEAD calendar
>
> After going through the setup and updating the database, I am seeing just
> *some* of the entries. The repeatitions of the events are not being
> displayed.
>
> I created an event that starts on 08 April, 07:00-07:30 with no Repeat End
> date,  Repeat type is daily. When I save it, the system does complain that
> the event conflicts with an existing event, but I say to continue. However,
> in the calendar view, the event is not displayed.
>
> I then try to schedule a new, single event an the same time for about month
> later.  When I try to save it, I again the the message that there is
> conflict, this time with the repeated even above that I just created. I
> continue and this new event is displayed, but the repeated events are not.
> When I click on a specific date, the repeated event is not displayed either.
>
> Regards,
>
> jimmo
>
> On Sunday 02 April 2006 08:10, Dave Hall wrote:
> > On Sun, 2006-04-02 at 06:03 +0000, Chris Weiss wrote:
> > > just run "cvs -z3 update -dP" in your phpgroupware folder.  there are
> > > changes to the core API that the new calendar requires so you can't
> > > just drop in the calendar folder on its own.
> >
> > Ummmm ... no :)
> >
> > You can upgrade to the calendar in HEAD, but not downgrade.  There are
> > db changes which can not be rolled back.
> >
> > Soon I will be breaking the 16 compatibility for calendar in HEAD.  I
> > will post when this happens.  Until then you can upgrade to calendar in
> > HEAD, if you want some of the extra features.
> >
> > Updating from stable cvs should not be an issue, there is only bug fixes
> > there.
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Dave

> --
> ---------------------------------------
> "Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your
> character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others
> think you are." -- John Wooden
Dave Hall
Dave Hall Consulting
| p +61 3 9754 5276                   | m +61 410 47 42 55            |
| f +61 3 8610 0029                   | e address@hidden       |
| j address@hidden                 | aim skwashd                   |
| icq 278064022                       | msn address@hidden       |
| sip address@hidden       | y! skwashd                    |