Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Updating from CVS

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Updating from CVS
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2006 16:10:20 +1000

On Sun, 2006-04-02 at 06:03 +0000, Chris Weiss wrote:
> just run "cvs -z3 update -dP" in your phpgroupware folder.  there are
> changes to the core API that the new calendar requires so you can't
> just drop in the calendar folder on its own.

Ummmm ... no :)

You can upgrade to the calendar in HEAD, but not downgrade.  There are
db changes which can not be rolled back.

Soon I will be breaking the 16 compatibility for calendar in HEAD.  I
will post when this happens.  Until then you can upgrade to calendar in
HEAD, if you want some of the extra features.

Updating from stable cvs should not be an issue, there is only bug fixes
there.

Cheers

Dave

> On 4/2/06, James Mohr <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Hi All!
> >
> > Many months ago I downloaded the phpgroupware-0.9.16.010 tarball and I ran
> > into the "You do not have permission to add alarms to this event" problem,
> > so
> > I just downloaded the latest version of the calendar module from CVS. I
> > didn't find any upgrade instructions.
> >
> > When I removed the CVS directories and replaced the calendar directory, all
> > of
> > my calendar entries disappeared. Even after logging out and back in.
> > Everything else seems to work fine. Moving the old directory back, I see my
> > calendar entries.
> >
> > calendar/setup/setup.inc.php points to this URL
> >
> > http://docs.phpgroupware.org/wiki/calendarFAQs
> >
> > Which is not found. I found nothing in the "Installation & Security HOWTO"
> > about upgrading.
> >
> > I have subsequently downloaded everything from CVS and found no
> > documentation
> > that explains how to upgrade a single package.
> >
> > Can I simply replace the calendar directory? (I have done similar things
> > with
> > other packages) Do I need to upgrade any other packages because of
> > dependancies. Is there an upgrade script (i.e. because of database changes)?
> >
> > Any help is greatly appreaciated.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > jimmo
> > --
> > ---------------------------------------
> > "Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your
> > character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others
> > think you are." -- John Wooden
Dave Hall (aka skwashd)
API Coordinator
phpGroupWare