smtp to localhost - was Re: [Phpgroupware-users] configuring smtp auth i

From: Dirk H. Schulz
Subject: smtp to localhost - was Re: [Phpgroupware-users] configuring smtp auth in email app
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 09:40:17 +0100

Next round:

I have setup phpgw to send emails via localhost.

On one server that works as expected, on the other I get "connection refused" und "cannot open socket". I compared the configuration of both servers and did not find any difference, neither in php.ini, mta-config nor anything else I can think of (even dns). On the machine where it does not work I can make it work using the external ip address in smtp config in phpgw, so I do not have an urgent problem.

But I would like to find it. What do php/Apache need to open a socket to the local mta?

Any hint or help is appreciated.

Dirk