Re: [Phpgroupware-users] email bugs?

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] email bugs?
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 04:16:53 +0000

On 3/3/06, Dave Hall <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-02-28 at 15:37 +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> > b) email search
> > ---------------
> > never finds anything. never. any hint on that ?
>
> AFAIK search isn't "wired" up and so won't work

used to work, but I think was limited to the current folder or something

> > c) email filter
> > ---------------
> > works fine but only if you click "ALL filter"
> > better would be that this is done automatically
> > when mails are collected

when the filters were coded it cost too much CPU to run it on every
check (this was before the db based cache though).  it was simply
never tested well so isn't enabled.  I think that it could be enabled
rather easily though.

> > d) emails collecting from server
> > --------------------------------
> > i did not find a rule or timeset. i.e. i send
> > a mail to several users in a group (all on same
> > mailserver) some arrive immediately, some after a
> > minute, some after 10minute.....  any idea ?
>
> The mail server data is cached for about 5mins.  This is to reduce
> server load.

4 minutes, and it's on the wiki how to change or disable it ...or at
least used to be.
if you are getting delays of more than 8 mintues (refresh is done,
then 3:59 in user manualy loads page once and waits, refresh won't
happen till the next 4 minute page reload) then you should check into
your mail server.  outgoing mail is imediatly sent to the SMTP server
for delivery and so the MTA should process it and make it available to
the MDA imediatly.