[Phpgroupware-users] New Install Help - Again - My Manuals Are Missing

From: Robert Steinmetz
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] New Install Help - Again - My Manuals Are Missing
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 13:23:15 -0500

First let me thank you for your help in getting the kinks worked out in my new install. I am also so far impressed with the work you have done and look forward to participating the community. I intend to provide a report on my first impressions as soon as I can work through the applications and have a little better understanding of the environment. Hopefully it will be of help to someone.

I have one remaining issue that I am aware of; The manual button doesn't work. All of the issues I've had so far are my configuration errors but I'm not sure what is causing this one.

MSIE reports it can't find the page.
Firefox gives "NOT FOUND The requested URL /manual/index.php was not found on this server."

Apache logs these errors;

[Sun Dec 18 13:33:35 2005] [error] [client 69.180.22.29] File does not exist: /var/www/htdocs/manual/templates/default/images/navbar.png [Sun Dec 18 13:33:42 2005] [error] [client 69.180.22.29] File does not exist:
/var/www/htdocs/manual/index.php

DocumentRoot is /usr/local/apache/share/htdocs/pgpgroupware

Apache appears to be looking in the wrong place.

The files are in DocumentRoot/manual for the virtual server designated, right next to all of the files which do work. It seems that the index.php file should be found and executed. It may be the problem is finding the navbar.png

BTW I found one note which I think should be added to the Apache configuration information. -

Make sure that the DirectoryIndex directive in httpd.conf includes 'index.php' like this;

   DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.php

Apparently the default Slackware httpd.conf for Apache does not include this although it does include php 4.4.0

Thanks again for your help.

--
Rob