[Phpgroupware-users] New Install Help

From: Robert Steinmetz
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] New Install Help
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 16:12:05 -0500

I just installed PHPgroupware on a Slackware 10.1 server. Everything seems to be configured. I think I almost have it working but there are a couple of things I couldn't figure out.

On startup I get this message from apache;
"Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.8.24 OpenSSL/0.9.7g PHP/4.4.0 configured -- resuming normal operations"
This seems fine to me.

In the php.ini recomendations I don't understand the path entry for phpgw-vfs. I suspect this may be my problem. Where is that by default or how can I determine the correct value? Here is the entry from the php.ini file
open_basedir = /usr/local/apache/share/htdocs/phpgroupware:/tmp

I installed phpgroupware in /usr/local/apache/share/htdocs/phpgroupware ./htdocs is DocumentRoot for the Apache server.

The index.php file does not seem to be running. I get the index.php but it only opens the text of the file.
If I comment out the open_basedir I get the index file.

I was also getting this error
"File does not exist: /usr/local/apache/share/htdocs/phpgroupware/favicon.ico" I copied the file from the default template and that seems to have stopped.
--
Robert Steinmetz
Principal