Re: [Phpgroupware-users] User Login Limit

From: Mauricio
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] User Login Limit
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 16:53:27 -0200

Thanks to clarify it!

Just one more thing...

Some users tried to access at the same time on different machines and reported problems. On error log there is:

IP '*.*.*.119' doesn't match IP '*.*.*.181' in session table

If I use php sessions istead of db sessions this problem will be solved?

Best Regards,
Mauricio.

Chris Weiss wrote:
it's possible to do, but there's some problems

1) users tend not to logout but just close the window
2) sessions expire before user logs out

the only way to work around #2 is to store the php session in the
database and check to see if the session is still valid before logging
them on.  but with #1, this work around won't work as the session on
the server is still valid until it expires, even though the browser
was closed and the client no longer has the session ID, though i guess
since the db has teh sessid we could force-expire the session to close
at the users request, but now you need a way for the user to tell what
computer is using what session so they can pick which to close in the
case of being allowed a couple logins.