Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Trouble with phpgw and LDAP...

From: Benoit Hamet
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Trouble with phpgw and LDAP...
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 14:37:30 +0100

Hi Marco,

I will try to propose you a patch tommorow,
I guess we finally found (with skwashd) were was the "real" problem.
Hope I will found a good solution in a small amount of time :). Are you
ok to test the patch I will give to you ?

> PS: AFAIK LDAP, seems that phpgw does not try to alter the DN, but to
> delete and reinsert them. Something less dangerous? ;-)
no
The reason is "simple". Untill recent versions of LDAP (AFAIK) you can't
modify "as-is" the structural classes of an object. So we need to delete
it and rewrite it in the Tree with the new structural system. But In
your case they are extra fields without there objectclasses, so openldap
complains about object violation ... So we have deleted the account, and
we can't put it back ... bad.

Hope I'm clear :)

Regards,

Caeies.