Re: [Phpgroupware-users] PHPGroupware optimization [mysql, ldap]

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] PHPGroupware optimization [mysql, ldap]
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 10:38:35 -0500

i wonder how much of this is due to php doing extra work because mysql
doens't support subselects.  And because infolog isn't joining the
tables directly but calling the bo objects of the different apps,
which is the future proof way but far from optimized.

With the current DB model (lowest common featureset) I don't know how
easy this would be to fix.  You'd first have to upgrade to mysql 4.1+
or postgresql then rewrite the infolog functions, and maybe cal and
addressbook too, so that proper subselects and joins could be used to
make the db do the work it is better at.