[Phpgroupware-users] Calendar Enhancements

From: Dave Hall
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] Calendar Enhancements
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 23:24:56 +1000

Hi all,

I am pleased to announce that we have an improved calendar app ! :)
Jason Schaefer and SSC Solutions LLC in Santa Fe, New Mexico have
sponsored these enhancements.  They will shortly be added to our list of
project sponsors.

Here is a quick ChangeLog:

* Added the ability to select participants from addressbook
* Killed bug where a user had read access to other group members cals
* AJA (AJAX without Xml) is used for selection of contacts

TODO
* Readd group invites support - ETA soon
* Add ability to email iCals to contacts with email addresses - no ETA
* Add ability to look up Free/Busy Status for contacts - no ETA

Here is the install notes
0 $ export CVS_RSH=ssh
1 Check all existing accounts have contact records
2 Check all contact data is correct
3 Backup existing db
4 $ cd /path/to/phpgroupware
5 $ mv calendar ~/phpgw16-cal
6 $ cvs co calendar
7 Run setup and upgrade calendar
8 Download an install communik8r from communik8r.org
9 update communik8r from cvs
10 Login to phpgw
11 Start creating events with the contacts based system

For those of you using debs not CVS or tarballs, use this command in
step 6:
$ cvs -d:ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/phpgroupware co calendar

Communik8r is required as it contains some js libs which can't be added
to phpgw's cvs repository in a sensible way.  There are likely to be
other applications which will depend on communik8r for these libraries.
You will not need to setup communik8r or configure it for any users in
order to use the enhanced calendar.

Comments / bug reports are appreciated.

Cheers

Dave