Re: [Phpgroupware-users] phpGroupWare Highly Recommended by German Gover

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] phpGroupWare Highly Recommended by German Government
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 21:21:24 +1000

On Thu, 2005-10-06 at 12:44 +0200, Dirk H. Schulz wrote:
> Dave Hall schrieb:
>
> >Hi all,
> >
> >Here is a quick bit of news for you all.
> >
> >The German Federal Government Co-ordination and Advisory Agency for IT
> >in the Federal Administration (KBSt) has recommend phpGroupWare in the
> >second edition of its Migration Guide
> >(http://www.kbst.bund.de/download/2005-09-18-Migrationsleitfaden_englische_Fassung.pdf
> > 4.3Mb PDF).  phpGroupWare is the first GroupWare solution (full details
> >start on page 218).</p>
> >
> >Be aware that most of the features listed as missing will be completed
> >well before the 3rd edition is released.
> >

> Which one is the 3rd edition? I am using phpgw since 0.9.12 at least,
> and there have been dozens of them ... :-)
>
> Is there a new versioning in the pipeline?

LOL.  No, sorry, I meant the 3rd edition of the migration guide.  The
main issues raised were around interaction with LookOut and PDAs.

I am aware of a company working on fixing out syncML interface so it
should deal with those issues.  I will leave them to make detailed
announcements when the code is ready.

btw I hope you have seen some improvements since 0.9.12 ;)  I know I
have since 0.9.10 :)

Cheers

Dave

--