Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Information Management Module

From: Will Taylor
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Information Management Module
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 13:30:43 -0400

Your welcome!

I was thinking infolog was a pretty secure place to store information as long as you were accessing the info with apache-ssl.

I know what you mean about infolog being cumbersome if you want to use it for a specific purpose over and over again.

I was thinking that new templates could be made, using the existing infolog tables, that could simplify the task of say a secretary entering phone messages for his boss. Certain values that are always the same could be hard coded into the form. In this case it would be a new phone message is always entered into the category Phone Calls without the secretary having to enter it each time, and the delegation (who the message is for) could be on the same page so the sec. would not have to switch to delegation tabs. Also many ffields could be removed because they are unnecessary for taking a phone message.

I guess this could be done with etemplates but I dont know how exactly, and have heard etemplates is difficult.

- Will