[Phpgroupware-users] Personal, default and forced settings reset themsel

From: Jason Thibeault
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] Personal, default and forced settings reset themselves
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 15:23:06 -0400

Hello,

I'm using phpGroupware 0.9.16.005-5 (APT's latest) on Linux 2.4.27, Debian 3.1, with Apache 1.3.33, MySQL 4.0.24, and I've noticed that with both 005-3 and 005-5, the default preferences reset themselves randomly, and sometimes none of a user's default preferences are honoured.  I have tried dropping all records in the phpgw_preferences table and letting the application rebuild what it needs as it needs it, and changing only one preference (the theme, to idots), but that only works if I change the default preferences, and it only works for three or four refreshes.  Afterward, all the default preferences are reset to "No default", and the user's preferences are all reset to "Use default".  Strangely, though, even though the preferences doesn't show the theme as set, sometimes it'll still display in idots instead of the default.  Also, on occasion, the user's preferences screen will remember the defaults for maxmatchts, but nothing else.  It doesn't matter what page you refresh -- you could refresh the home page after logging in, and it will eventually stop showing the user's or default selected theme.  It almost seems as though the save/load of preferences is not totally reliable.  Archive searches turn up a nearly identical-sounding issue from an earlier version: http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/phpgroupware-users/2003-10/msg00071.html

Since I can't find both versions, I can't run a diff and find out what's been changed.  If anyone has any idea what code was changed, it might give me an idea as to where to look.

If any other info is helpful (e.g. a dump of the table), I'm more than happy to provide.  We're trying to get phpGroupware up and running for a small core of our executives, and if I can get past the minor niggling issues like this, they'll be more willing to roll out to the rest of the company.
--
Jason Thibeault

Jason Thibeault

LAN/Phone Administration Manager