[Phpgroupware-users] Group names / translation

From: Charles Martin
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] Group names / translation
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 10:27:45 -0400

Hi guys,

    This is my first post to this mailing-list. I've been playing around with phpGW for about a week now and I've pretty much got to the point where we have a usable system (I had to play around a couple of translation holes, plug some features from our other system here and fix some bugs (which were then sent to the Savanah bug tracking system :-P ) Now, there is still one little problem that's bugging me and, I'd like to have some pointers as to how you guys  would resolve it:

Our system is completely configured in french but, it seems like the groups names are hardcoded in the system as

 groupname Group

whichs sounds a bit weird in french, so, I'd like to know if there's an easy way to use a lang _expression_ like

%1 Group

whick I could then translate to anything, like

%1 (groupe)
Le groupe des %

etc.

Any ideas around that problem or early implementations I could integrate?

Thanks in advance, great app by the way :-)

P.S. I posted this question to the forum.phpgroupware.org but that place seems pretty quiet...

--

Charles Martin  Programmeur Analyste
819.378.4242  acolytecommunication.com