Re: [Phpgroupware-users] LDAP based address book

From: Christian Rost
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] LDAP based address book
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 16:34:20 +0100

Hi Brian,

thanks for your reply. If phpGW needs to maintain its own addressbook, because
there is too many
information that has to be stored, that's o.k for me. You're right, the
database IMHO is needed,
because LDAP is only an optional feature. That's why some information, mainly
for authentication,
can be redirected to LDAP but the rest stays with the database. The limitations
of the inet.org
contact standard shouldn't be a problem. There already exists a LDAP-schema for
phpGW that can be
extended to store further phpGW information.

What I am looking for, is the addressbook to access two different sources of
information. One with
read-only access to existing user-profiles for email-Adresses, etc that
shouldn't be changed by
phpGW. Another with read/write access for (external) contacts like customers,
partners, etc. that
should be managed by phpGW.

If there's no easy way, we've to think about redesigning parts of our LDAP-tree.

Christian

Christian Rost
roCon - Informationstechnologie
Herner Strasse 299 B-29