Re: [Phpgroupware-users] LDAP based address book

From: Brian Johnson
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] LDAP based address book
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 13:54:26 +0000

Others will likely respond with better info, but even though I don't use ldap
for my contacts (just authentication) I can maybe start you in the right
direction.

>From my understanding, when you select that phpgroupware should store it's
contacts in ldap it actually stores them in the database and exports them to
ldap.

Every change to a contact through phpgroupware then updates the info in the
ldap server

So you can use the ldap contacts with other programs but any changes made by
those programs will not be reflected in phpgroupware and will eventually be
overwritten by phpgroupware

My understanding is that this concept is required because of the inherent
limitations of the ldap system and it's inet org contact standard