[Phpgroupware-users] LDAP based address book

From: Christian Rost
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] LDAP based address book
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 14:22:29 +0100

Hi,

we are using Thunderbird and Outlook (Express) and connected their address
books to our LDAP
directory and search for the "mail", "cn", ... attrributes of all user
accounts. The user accounts
are stored under "ou=People" as proposed by the PADL Migration-Tools. For
additional adresses, our
users maintain their own local address book.

Is there way to use the phpGW address book in the same way as we're using the
Outlook/ Thunderbird
address book. That means, read only lookup to information stored in the LDAP
tree under "ou=People"
and read/ write access to an private address book stored elsewhere within the
LDAP tree or in MySQL
By doing it this way, we can still use the information attached to the
user-profiles and don't have
to maintain a copy of these Informations.

Cheers,

Christian

Christian Rost
roCon - Informationstechnologie