[Phpgroupware-users] demo account login failure

From: Kohei Yoshida
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] demo account login failure
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 10:24:46 -0500

Hi all,

This is the first time I post a message here on this list, so hello everyone!

I'm currently trying to set up the latest version (0.9.16.005) of
phpGroupWare on my linux box as a tryout to a possible deployment.  I
use MySQL as my DB backend, and OpenLDAP for user authentication.

I have come to a point where I could successfully have the setup
program automatically set up three demo accounts (demo, demo2 and
demo3), and I can see these accounts listed under the 'ou=Users'
branch via ldapsearch in our OpenLDAP server.  However, no matter how
many times I try to log in with any of these demo accounts, I get a
'bad password' error at the login screen, and eventually 'too many
attempts' error and get locked out completely.

I would like to try to resolve this, but I'm still new with
phpGroupWare, so I don't know where to start.  If someone could give
me a pointer so that I can start troubleshooting it, I'd appreciate
it.  Here is my environment:

Red Hat 7.1
Apache/2.0.52 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.52 OpenSSL/0.9.7d DAV/2 PHP/4.3.9
OpenLDAP 2.1.17
MySQL 4.1.9
phpGroupWare 0.9.16.005

Thanks!