Re: [Phpgroupware-users] phpGroupware calendar and email

From: Brian Johnson
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] phpGroupware calendar and email
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 14:23:07 +0000

Alex Borges (address@hidden) wrote:

> Curtis Carpenter wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> >

> >First, I would like to say that phpGroupware is really cool. I can see
> >phpG playing a big part at my company, but I have a few errors I need to
> >get rid of first.
> >
> >I am running phpgroupware 0.9.16.003 with php-4.3.10, apache-2.0.51 on a
> >RH 9 box.
> >
> >I have a basic phpgroupware configuration running at the moment, but
> >have run into two problems:
> >

> >     1. This is probably a stupid one: When I try to add a calendar
> >        entry with other users I get the following error:
> >

> >Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent in
> >/home/phpgroupware/calendar/inc/class.uicalendar.inc.php on line 1354
> >(this line is a Header() call)
> >

> That doesnt look right at all.... where did you get the phpgw from?
>
> Whats the name of the tarball you got?

yes .. this looks like a corrupt php file problem.  Something is trying to
output to the screen that shouldn't be.

> >     1. I am having trouble setting up the email module. I see in the
> >        archives this has been more of a problem for other users. I have
> >        a basic configuration using our mail server's pop port. Here are
> >        the errors:
> >

> >Warning: imap_open(): Couldn't open stream INBOX
> >in class.mail_dcom_pop3.inc.php
> >

> >imap_last_error: [Certificate failure for 66.151.28.251: self signed
> >certificate: /C=US/ST=IL/L=Chicago/O=Driveitaway/OU=Mail
> >Services/CN=webmail.driveitaway.com/address@hidden
> >tried RH bug recovery?: [1]
> >

> >Yes, the cert on our mail server is self-signed. Is there a way to get
> >around this error?
> >

> Well.... yes, but first.... we strongly recomend imap over pop for
> webmail. Believe me, youll thank me. In rh, both services should be on
> anyway and, since youre not using it for anything else, you can use
> hosts.deny to close imap for everyone else except localhost. This way
> you dont need ssl if youve both the webserver and the mail server in the
> same box.

We are an example of this config.  We host email and phpgw on same server so
don't need to worry about encrypting the email data .. we encrypt the web page
access to phpgw via ssl based https://

And I endorse the use of imap over pop.  The biggest advantage is the use of
folders on the server to organize email .. but there are others

Hosting the database on the same phpgw (and therefore http server) also means
that you don't have to worry about encrypting that data either.  Basically the
firewall stops everything but http port 80 from being accessed remotely.

Therefore I'm not able to help much with authenticated connections to email
servers.  Sorry.