RE: [Phpgroupware-users] phpgw v egw

From: Matt
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-users] phpgw v egw
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 21:04:00 -0000

>> Perhaps those interested in the question shall seek
>> a second opinion in the corresponding egw resources.
>>

>And perhaps EGO developers can keep to their lists!

Before this goes any further: I have to say, as a new face that tried both
that truly they both stink!  A monkey hitting keys at random could have
stitched that lot together better.

They is no proper documentation, no specified standards just bad and very
bad hacks.

The UI in all cases needs work.

The error handling is a waste of time and 99% of the upload time was spent
uploading junk that does nothing.

The back end of both is in dire need of a kick and if the best you children
can do by way of development is insult each other on my time I'm going to
save me a hell of a lot of HDD space and time and purge that bleeding lot.

Neither group has anything to brag about and, to be honest, I'd be too
ashamed to even promote the code yet.

Have none of you heard of modular design or did you just egotistically think
that it was for "those losers who write the great code"!

Are you not aware of Object Orientation?
Do you even know what a frame work is?
Does the "user" in "user interface" not mean anything to you?
Are you aware of 3-tier design?
And I should point out that the aim of a help file is TO BE HELPFUL.

Good products floor, beat and out run bad products easily but the only
competition between these "teams" of children seams to be as to who's pet
project sucks least and trust me both suck so much they might make a world
record for must over developed jaw muscles.

Now I may be stuck putting up with this crud you guys are fighting over for
now but I am aware that the Open Source initiative is known to Windows ASP
programmers as well and I wonder who's code might win then?  My windows
using staff point out such projects as these as why I should get rid of the
*nix stuff.

Somebody needs to bang your heads together with large mallets and tell you
to sort it out.  Team up or go your separate ways but stop bugging me
because your code does that already!

As for all this tit for tat rubbish in my mail box quit now.

I DO NOT TAKE KINDLY TO SPAM!

"kind" Regards

Matt
Managing Director of Adullam Ltd