Re: [Phpgroupware-users] (no subject)

From: Marc Grober
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] (no subject)
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 11:03:19 -0900

> On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 09:49:11 -0000, Matt <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Warning: imap_open(): Couldn't open stream {:143}INBOX in
> > /home/madden/public_html/world/email/inc/class.mail_dcom_imap.inc.php on
> > line 214
>
> should look like "stream {servername:143}INBOX " so it means you don't
> have your mail server set in either Admin->Email config (for phpgw
> logins matching email logins) or in your email prefs and check the
> custom settings box.

I used to get this error message twice.  and anglemail would not work....  nthen
I deleted all the INBOX files and now I get it once when I start mail, but then
no longer and mail works......   out does one get more granularity on the source
of this error.

> > JavaSSH is not Configured>>It seems I have no idea at all about this one
> you have to drop in the applet, there's a note or readme or something.
>  I think the issue is licensing.

Had the same issue....  I had been looking for documentation on all the apps but
could not find really much of anything......  I think that would be most
helpful.

> > world/sitemgr-link/
> > 404 Error
> this is just a redirect, you have to set your public url in sitemgr,

WHile I just received a reply to my problems with this,  without something of a
step by step the instructions are a bit obscure.  I have not been able to do
much
with sitemgr yet,  but I was told that there were docs in the distribution.....
I have yet to get a chance to dig around, find them and check them out.....  I
assumed that all docs would be accessible from phpgw once it was installed.....

> > fud forum
> > The 'files/' (/world/files) directory exists, however webserver has no write
> > permissions to that directory.
> > ('/files' chmod 777) !!!
> fudforum requires some extra setup steps, check it's readme.  It's a
> pain, but it's also a really damned cool forum

As noted above, for newbees a more comprehensive documentation system for the
included apps would be sensational.