RE: [Phpgroupware-users] (no subject)

From: Matt
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-users] (no subject)
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 16:23:07 -0000

Thanks for that,

I'll have another play now.

-Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: address@hidden
[mailto:address@hidden
Behalf Of Chris Weiss
Sent: 21 December 2004 14:21
To: address@hidden

wee!  someday we'll handle all these things with better error messages...
I won't address everything, just things where I have something usefull to
say.

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 09:49:11 -0000, Matt <address@hidden> wrote:
> Warning: imap_open(): Couldn't open stream {:143}INBOX in
> /home/madden/public_html/world/email/inc/class.mail_dcom_imap.inc.php on
> line 214

should look like "stream {servername:143}INBOX " so it means you don't
have your mail server set in either Admin->Email config (for phpgw
logins matching email logins) or in your email prefs and check the
custom settings box.

> http://www.mad-den.co.uk/world/qmailldap/index.php?
> pointless (blankpage)
do you have qmail with an ldap backend?  I don't know what special
settings this needs.

> JavaSSH is not Configured>>It seems I have no idea at all about this one
you have to drop in the applet, there's a note or readme or something.
 I think the issue is licensing.

> FTP (as groupware item?)?? I guess I might not understand...
yes, it's a simple web based ftp client, it generaly works but isn't
perfect.

> chora/cvs.php
> Error Encountered - 500 Internal Error
> CVSROOT not found! This could be a misconfiguration by the server
> administrator, or the server could be having temporary problems. Please
try
> again later.
this is for managing a LOCAL cvs repository, not for connecting to cvs.

calendar--------------------------------------------------------------------
> ------------test_addData()------------------------------------------------
--
> ------------------------------
> Fatal error:  Call to a member function on a non-object in

/home/madden/public_html/world/ipc_test_suite/inc/class.ipc_test_suite_calen
> dar.inc.php on line 96
could be not finished in the .16 branch?  I know it's being developed
in HEAD with .16 as the target.

> world/sitemgr-link/
> 404 Error
this is just a redirect, you have to set your public url in sitemgr,

> fud forum
> The 'files/' (/world/files) directory exists, however webserver has no
write
> permissions to that directory.
> ('/files' chmod 777) !!!
fudforum requires some extra setup steps, check it's readme.  It's a
pain, but it's also a really damned cool forum

> Same issue File Manager:
> Error:  Could not create directory /home/Matt_t_hat
> (/world/files/home/Matt_t_hat)
> don't see what else to do I've already set the access rights to 777
> maybe the GroupWare forum has some notes about this issue. (no).
you have to create /world/files/home/ and make sure the web server
user can write to it.

> Warning: fopen(/tmp/sess_ce16e6224aef12adb8075451ac724ff8): failed to open
> stream: Permission denied in
> /home/madden/public_html/world/phpgwapi/inc/class.sessions_php4.inc.php on
> line 215
your php session support is not fully configured.  Set the sessions
file dir in php.ini and make sur the web server user can write to it.

> Database error: Invalid SQL: SELECT site_id,site_name,site_url from
> phpgw_sitemgr_sites WHERE site_name LIKE '%Ú%'OR site_url LIKE '%Ú%'OR
> site_dir LIKE '%Ú%' ORDER BY Ú Ú
> MySQL Error: 1064 (You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual
> that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use
> near 'Ú' at line 1)
>
> File: /home/madden/public_html/world/sitemgr/inc/class.Sites_SO.inc.php
> Line: 48
> Session halted.
interesting, mysql doens't like your charset?  try that query on the
mysql tool and see if it says the same thing.

> Things to "switch off" / remove / ignore due to uslessness/failure
> eldaptir -=- seems to be some non-specific tool
you need ldap for this.  I hear it's handy if you use ldap

> chora -=- seems to be some non-specific tool
you have to host a cvs server for this

> qmailldap -=- seems to be some non-specific tool
you have to have qmail and its ldap backend

> Address Book -=- blankpage / pointless
works fine for me...

> fud forum -=- broken/buggy
hard to setup, hard to learn how to admin it, but it's very powerfull
forum and worth the effort.

> SiteMng -=- appears broken / buggy
sitemgr also requires extra setup, check it's docs/ dir

> XMLrpc -=- Seems to be early dev / test things
> SOAP -=- Seems to be early dev / test things
true

> News Admin -=- blankpage / pointless
works with sitemgr or your own front end.  Simple interface that puts
content in the database.  it's up to your extract the content
somewhere.

> Chat -=- appears broken
I've gotten it to work before, but it's quite an odd tool.

share and enjoy!