[Phpgroupware-users] Email setup problems

From: Christopher Hogan
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] Email setup problems
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 22:40:41 +0000

We've recently set up phpGroupware (our second attempt to install it properly). Mostly it seems to be working: we can read email but

1. I can't seem to see any attachments.

2. sending gives the following error

Your message could not be sent!

The mail server returned:

Array
(
    [code] => 420
    [msg] => 0:
    [desc] => Connection to : failed - could not open socket.
    [server_chat] =>
c->s: fsockopen(,25,0,,5) ; returned:

)
To go back to the msg list, click here

according to the mailing list this is safe_mode on, so with permission from my ISP, I overrode safe_mode in .htaccess, but the error still occurs.

Any idea where we go from here?

thanks

Chris

www.4xtra.com