Re: [Phpgroupware-users] migrate phpgroupware data

From: Brian Johnson
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] migrate phpgroupware data
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 14:31:12 +0000

I would suggest running the matching version on postgresql (alongside your
current installation).  That will set up the tables for you which should deal
with any data type problems.

Then do a dump from mysql that makes SQL insert statements (not sure how mysql
dump works since I don't use mysql)

Edit the dump file to remove any SQL statements that aren't inserting data
(eg, delete the SQL that creates the tables since they would already be
created by the phpgw-postgres installation)

Run the edited SQL file to insert the data into the postgres db.

You SHOULD upgrade.  You can choose to upgrade before OR after transfering to
postgres.    Due to biug changes in the addressbook between .14 and .16, you
should extend the php run time in php.ini (I think)