[Phpgroupware-users] migrate phpgroupware data

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] migrate phpgroupware data
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 14:45:08 -0500

(from IRC during a slag time)
<grval> I need advice on how to migrate phpgroupware data from one
platform to another. After my first attempt failed, I did some
research and then decided to come here.
<grval> We have phpgroupware (0.9.14.004) running on a Red Hat box
using mysql. I want to move all the data over to a debian woody box
with postgres.
<grval> is there a way to export the data from one instance
phpgroupware and import it in another?
<grval> I tried doing a database dump in mysql and loading it into
postgres (I got it to load after modifying the data types a bit), but
phpgroupware (0.9.16.003-1) would not give me the option to upgrade in
setup.
<grval> I am looking for another way to get the data accross.

personaly I would attempt to open the data in the same version first,
just to make sure it all got over and still works.

Another thing to consider would be to install a .14.004 on pgsql and
massage the data and datatypes to match and not just to work.  pgsql
is fairly picky about the type of data stored in certain types where
mysql is much less picky, if the transformation isn't just so then all
sorts of odd things might happen, and there are bugs that are fixed in
later .14's and in .16 concering these datatype consistancies.

also please reply to the address@hidden address.