[Phpgroupware-users] Re: Need help and could not find the solution in fo

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] Re: Need help and could not find the solution in forum or Google
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 07:39:49 -0500

this is more appropriate for the mailing lists.

On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 12:17:59 +0000, Mark Morgan <address@hidden> wrote:
> Background Information:
> IIS, Windoze 2000, PHP 4.3.9, MySQL 4.0.21, phpGroupWare is 0.9.16.003, E-mail
> is 0.9.13.003, and Filemanager 0.9.14.500.
> Using a pop3 e-mail account.
>
> Issues:
> 1. When using Pop3 e-mail, if I read an e-mail then log-out of phpGroupware
> and return to the e-mail program, the e-mail still shows as unread.
> Suggestions?

pop3 doesn't support "read", it designed to be downloaded and deleted.
 webmail works much better with imap.

> 2. When using e-mail, if I delete an e-mail that is 5th in a ten item list,
> the program actially removes the 4th or 6th e-mail. Suggestions?

not sure, might also be a problem with pop3.  imap supports a "message
id" so it will always only delete teh exact message you want no matter
what.

> 3. In Filemanager, I have copied files to the users directorys, but when I
> click refresh the files never show up all the time. It is a 50/50 shot in the
> dark if they will appear. When the folder appears as 0 size I drill down into
> the folder and refresh, but still no population of the files. Suggestions?

are the files readable by the user apache runs as?  I'm not very
familiar with running apache on windows so I'm not sure how much of an
issue permissions are.