Re: [Phpgroupware-users] emails from other account to be seen

From: Dirk H. Schulz
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] emails from other account to be seen
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 14:11:13 +0200

Hi,

--On Freitag, 24. September 2004 8:57 Uhr +0000 Guillaume Courtois <address@hidden> wrote:

I am using 0.9.14.007 and have a security problem: Sometimes one user is
shown some emails from the account of a different user - instead of his
own emails. It is not reproducable, but it happens. I even managed to
get a screenshot from that - so it is not a short time impression that
can be wrong.

Is this a known bug? Is it fixed in 0.9.16?

Never heard of that ! I'm using phpGW for my everyday mail, and I've
never had this problem.

The same with me. I never had this before, and I only have it in one certain instance of phpgroupware and with one pair of accounts. But since email app uses the courier imap server and since all is fine if I use this imap server via a classic MUA I think it must be a phpgroupware related problem.

Maybe check the permissions of the mailbox files ? On what platform do you
have this ?

Yes, I have checked these. But thinking of what I said above I think the problem cannot be with the underlying mail system. I think that phpgw somehow uses the login credentials of one account while I am logged in to the other account.

That is really strange. But it is quite a security problem if it is not some kind of stupidity on my part.

Does anyone have any idea on how to verify this?

Dirk