Re: [Phpgroupware-users] qmailldap OR adding email address to a user

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] qmailldap OR adding email address to a user
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 12:34:41 -0500

does qmail ldap speak ldap or qmail?  IIRC vmailmgr for phpgw talked
to the vmailmgr daemon via tcp.

I've done something similar using mysql accounts with virtual domains
and unix accounts with a single domain.  Since with mysql the accounts
have to all be in the same table for all the domains I decided to use
a sort of privileged tcp daemon to do the account management bits so
that site admins wouldn't be able to hack a bit and easily add
accounts to other domains, and unix account require root so this was
needed there too.  I've published the unix version at
http://forums.phpgroupware.org/index.php?t=msg&th=177.