Re: [Phpgroupware-users] -- spelling: [NOT available]

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] -- spelling: [NOT available]
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 08:30:19 +1000

On Mon, 2004-08-02 at 07:16, Andy Firman wrote:
> Is there a spell checking module?
>
> My geek bar says it is NOT available.
>
> I have these packages installed on my Debian system:
>
> orange:/etc/integrit# dpkg -l |grep spell
> ii  iamerican      3.1.20-21.1    An American English dictionary for
> ispell.
> ii  ibritish       3.1.20-21.1    A British English dictionary for
> ispell.
> ii  ispell         3.1.20-21.1    International Ispell (an interactive
> spellin
> ii  libpspell-dev  0.12.2-5       Header files for developing
> applications wit
> ii  libpspell-ispe 0.12-4         Development files for pspell
> ii  libpspell-ispe 0.12-4         Ispell module for pspell
> ii  libpspell4     0.12.2-5       Portable spell checker interface
> library
> ii  spell          1.0-11         GNU Spell, a clone of Unix `spell'
>

> How do I get the spelling function to work?

It is pretty simple for debian, but not included by default.  It looks
like you are running woody.  There are some dated debs which I built to
do this.  Grab
http://debs.phpgroupware.org/debian/stable/php4/binary/php4-pspell_4.1.2-7phpgw2_i386.deb

and just use dpkg -i php4-psp[tab] to install it

I no longer run woody, just sarge and sid, with a sprinkling of
experimental on 1 install :)  It used to work perfectly.

Cheers

Dave