Re: [Phpgroupware-users] ACL simpy doesn't work

From: Alex Borges
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] ACL simpy doesn't work
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 11:24:07 -0500

If im reading this right... its not that they dont work, its that they
dont work the way you think they do.

Each user has a right to publish stuff for others to see (set read
access to groups or users, then publish as 'public'), then others have
the right to see them or not (through the private only filters all over
the place). Thats the way they work.

One thing you can do is deny users access to their acls, but this is
system wide. Admin -> Site setup has an option to:
"Deny all users access to grant other users access to their entries ?*:"

I dont know if that also kills group acl for the admin, i would think
not.