Re: [Phpgroupware-users] sync4j windows client

From: Markus Kaemmerer
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] sync4j windows client
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 12:46:41 +0200

"Adam Kennedy" <address@hidden> wrote:,

>> "When you can't climb the hill ..." ;-)
>
>Unfortunately, my company wants to stick with the hotsync client because it
>"just works". Freaking annoying if you ask me.

it has advantages. If you use a program on palm itself you can only
sync over a Wireless connection, this is most times not cheap. Hotsync
costs nothing.

>I tried the weblicon client, and I get this error:
>"The file /c:/docume~1/admini~1/locals~1/temp/main.jsp?main=general.html
>cannot be found. Please check the location and try again."

Never heard of this error.

>Anyone else gotten this error? I changed the default port on Sync4j from 80 to
>8080. I modified install.properties and the config file in the Sync4j
>directory to do this. I also changed the location to be /sync/ instead of
>/sync4j/ in install.properties

In Weblicon you have to type in "localhost" instead of
"localhost/sync", the '/sync' is appended automatically.

See our Installation Guide.

Markus

--
Markus Kämmerer         Team Software Solutions
pro|business AG, EXPO Plaza 1, 30539 Hannover