Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Bulk loading user accounts

From: Alex Borges
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Bulk loading user accounts
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 11:51:15 -0500

AYE

Ive got a whole set of stuff i called the importers.... you are a good test candidate i guess. I need to manage about 5000 users. This thing is working allready for my guys.

This thing does excel ->  xml -> phpgw

Adds accounts, addressbook data, close to adding calendar data and, if youre using vpopmail, it can add the email account and sync the passwords as well. It will certaintly generate cleartext passwords

Now. Its not for the uninitiated though. Youll need at least to have a working modern linux, php with xslt and domxml. The xlhtml package for linux and youll need to write your own xslt code to extract your accounts from excel files.

If youre interested let me know. Im in the process of releasing this. BTW. It builds on top of the IPC classes of the sync stuff.

Simon Ward wrote:
Has anyone devised a way of bulk loading user accounts ?
I'm using an LDAP server, but I can't simply create a big LDIF file as group membership and email account configuration seems to be stored in the MySQL back end.

If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions let me know, as I don't really fancy building 200+ accounts by hand :)

Thanks,
Simon