Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Participants selection

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Participants selection
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 19:06:41 +1000

On Wed, 2004-05-12 at 07:25, Chris Weiss wrote:
> Don Graver (dgraver) (address@hidden) wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm wondering if anyone has developed a slightly different user
> > interface for selecting participants for an event.  I know there is the
> > popup option, but mine seems to continually ask me to login when
> > selecting a user instead of adding them to the "select" form of the
> > other window.  Any thoughts on why this is happening?
>
> the popup ask for a login or afer selecting you get sent back to the login?
>
> If the popup asks, then it's likely that the link() call wasn't used to
> generate the popup URL and you're not using cookies.  If you happen to be
> using phpGW VBShell then you have to set Cookies for Session ID in phpgw to
> off to work around an IE bug.

Are you using IE6 with cookie based sessions?  IE6 runs each window in a
seperate process, and session cookies are not transfered to the new
window.  I came across this bug recently when testing some things on
IE6.  Unfortunately I could not be certain this is the cause of the
problem.  If you (or anyone else) can verify this as a bug I will spend
some time on the work around I have in mind.

> I haven't looked at the code (calendar code is creapy) so these are just
> guesses.  My understanding is that Dave is working on a redo of calendar,
> probably for HEAD only though.

Calendar isn't that bad :P

Cheers

Dave