[Phpgroupware-users] Participants selection

From: Don Graver \(dgraver\)
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] Participants selection
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 14:26:55 +0100

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone has developed a slightly different user
interface for selecting participants for an event.  I know there is the
popup option, but mine seems to continually ask me to login when
selecting a user instead of adding them to the "select" form of the
other window.  Any thoughts on why this is happening?
Despite this, I still don't think it will match my needs because it
doesn't show who is already invited within the popup window, and the
multiple select option is still used.  The reason the multiple select
option is not working well is because we have 200+ users, so if you
aren't careful and don't hold down the ctrl button, then all
participants are lost.  And since Calendar participants are stored on a
per user basis, and not really a true group solution, it can cause some
serious confusion, especially when trying to add one person, and remove
a few others.
I am just wondering if anyone has developed something along the lines of
a popup with checkboxes.  I'm not too familiar with Javascript, so I am
not sure how to have the user listing passed from a submit on the popup
back to the "add" or "edit" page.  Would it be possible to set the
Multiple Select option on the "add" event page to disabled, but still
allow a submit from the popup to change the selections??  This way, I
could just change the code to have checkboxes instead of individual
forms per user.  Then again, I am back to problem number 1 and figuring
out why it asks me to login again.

P.s.  I am using a modified version of 16.001

-- Don Graver