Re: [Phpgroupware-users] hi!! and problem

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] hi!! and problem
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 02:15:47 +0000 (GMT)

Marcus Frischherz <address@hidden> wrote:

> Marcus Frischherz wrote:
>
> > Alex Borges wrote:

> >> Yes, you neeed to update from cvs.

<snip />

> > well, I just tried updating using this method (fortunately I
> backed up
> > first), and it rendered my PHPGW site totally blank, no logon, no
> > setup no nothing. I think I have tried updating before, and it
> never
> > ever worked for me. But probably I wouldn't benefit, because the
> bugs
> > I submitted are still there? Or is it possible now to edit the
> alarms
> > to an existing event?

This will be fixed shortly.  I have found this problem when working on
some mods for a client.  Will post here when it is fixed in cvs.

> > Marcus
> >
> oops... well the reason for blank is that updating changes
> ownership of
> some files to root, and then the Apache can't read. So that was
> "mea
> culpa" and easily fixed. However, the calender bug is still there.

cvs update will change the ownership to the user running the cvs update.
 I have cron do it for me, with an entry in the crontab for the user who
owns the files :)