[Phpgroupware-users] Phpgwapi and adding user troubles...

From: Don Graver (dgraver)
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] Phpgwapi and adding user troubles...
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 10:35:07 -0000

I am receiving the same problem as in the emails below and have not been
able to resolve the issue.  The main difference is that my app has a
good amount of tweaks and additions, but I am usually able to keep
everything fairly consistent with CVS (currently updated to the latest).
If I try to add a user I get the contacts_sql error.  "Database error:
Invalid SQL: SELECT contact_comm_descr.comm_descr_id AS comm_descr_id,
contact_comm_descr.descr AS comm_description,
contact_comm_descr.comm_type_id AS comm_type FROM
phpgw_contact_comm_descr AS contact_comm_descr
MySQL Error: 1100 (Table 'contact_comm_descr' was not locked with LOCK
TABLES)
File:
/srv/www/htdocs/ciscoinv/channels-de-cvs/phpgwapi/inc/class.contacts_sql
.inc.php
Line: 1319
Session halted. "

I do have LOCK permissions as far as I know on the database.

Also, I have downloaded the tarball, done cvs updates, etc...but cannot
get the phpgwapi app to be shown as 9.16.000 in the setup (preferences
and infolog app fails dependencies and says phpgwapi is not updated).
However, if I go to my.host.com/setup/applications.php?detail=phpgwapi
it says it is 0.9.16.000.
I have modified the following files in phpgwapi/inc:

class.accounts_sql.inc.php
class.send.inc.php
class.preferences.inc.php
class.acl.inc.php
class.common.inc.php

However, even if I put the non-modified (ie. Cvs version) files in there
it still shows phpgwapi as not updated.  If a cvsdiff would help let me
know and I will send it out.

What I would like to know is what was the source of the problem for the
contacts_sql error, and how to get phpgwapi to be recognized as updated.

P.s. my database has some additional fields in some of the tables, but
that shouldn't affect things.
P.s.2. I tried sending this email out yesterday but it didn't seem to go
through, so I am resending it and apologize if it gets received more
than once.

Thanks...

-- Don Graver