Re: [Phpgroupware-users] rc3 demo-installation at http://de.demos.phpgro

From: Marcus Frischherz
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] rc3 demo-installation at http://de.demos.phpgroupware.org
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 08:42:20 +0100

I'd be happy to supply all info needed to address this problem, it's just, that so far noone has aked more info than the opsys and PHP Apache versions. Whom should I send the table dump?

btw: After my first very frustrated message I continued playing, and I found out, that after I turned off the info array caching (for another reason, I found this hint concerning the display of the correct version on the logon screen in the FAQ), thinks looked considerably better. At least I am now ablw to store most new preferences most of the time. Before it was nada and never.

My main reason for upgrading are the calender alarms, I really would like to have them, and they work.

Unfortunately I can't get e-mail to work. Something is broken with the authentication (I use U-washington imapd), it worked fine in 0.9.14. And I don't get the e-mail to the other attendees of an event anymore, they also used to work fine (maybe related to e-mail not working). btw... where is the e-mail password stored? In the phpgw_anglemail table?

Question: FAQ seems to indicate that starting from rc1 one _should_ turn off register_global, and this is also repeated in the documentation, so I did it. However, in the setup/manage applications I have underneath the name of each application the line "register_globals = on", what's that supposed to mean? Should I turn on?

And I have another problem there (with my rc3 tarball + cvs update):
"infolog-Post-install Dependency Failure:(appname: phpgwapi; versions: 0.9.13,0.9.14,0.9.15,0.9.16; appname: etemplate; versions: 0.9.15,0.9.16; ))P -" is that a problem?

Marcus

Chris Weiss wrote:

Marcus Frischherz (address@hidden) wrote:
I filed this already 11/24/03 as bug #6739, and it is still open. This
kind of surprises me. Do phpgw developpers expect that everyone cleans
out their database when upgrading the versions?

consider the possibility that you're the only one with the problem, possibly
due do some user data in the prefs causing the prefs update to not work
cleanly.  Please check your original prefs table for data that might not be
escaping properly or is too long to fit into the new table structure.  Or, if
possible, dump the table and clean any sensitive data out, replacing with X's
to keep the data the same length (serialization cares about length), but leave
in anything that's not plain ol' letters and numbers.  This way someone can
run it in debug and hopefully figure out what's causing it to fail.