Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Savannah - Update

From: Marcus Frischherz
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Savannah - Update
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 17:20:18 +0100

Should cvs work now again, or still not? When I try it, I get:

cvs [update aborted]: connect to subversions.gnu.org(199.232.41.3):2401 failed: Connection timed out

All the tarballs I tried suffered the problem that they were not able to upgrade the database. So I want to wait for the cvs version.

Marcus

Alex Borges wrote:

Marcus, dont worry, the latest cvs version of phpgw does import your
database well. This was finished last week (it was quite a hard thing to
do, it has changed a lot). We have worked in as much upgrade paths as
has been possible (imagine.... 14 ldap accounts, ldap addressbook; sql
accounts, ldap addressbook; ldap accounts, sql addressbook; both
sql....etc. They all work as well as has been possible)

Right now, savanah is down so you cant get the latest.You can get
snapshots of latest stuff in the phpgroupware.org site.

If you have troubles please report back, we need you to test the upgrade
procedure. One note though, upgrade can take quite a while, so you need
to change your timeout variable in apache configuration so that it
doesnt expire the connection too soon. You can change it back after
upgrade.